Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chewy Chocolate Brownies



Brownies. They are one of all time favorite desserts or snacks, whatever you like to call them. I like to call them small cake bars. Everyone likes these fudgy, intense and the moistest chewy brownies. If you serve it while they are still warm with a scoop of ice cream on top, you will double that amazing taste. 


I love baking chocolate involved recipes and brownies are the one of the easiest recipes. This recipe is also very a "dishwashing friendly" one because it only involves 1 big mixing bowl. Yes you've heard it right: only 1 bowl. If there is anything I hate the most in this world; it is definitely washing the dishes. I just hate them. I don't like to deal with those filthy stuff. I only like the clean and the fun part; which is the cooking or baking involved. Since this recipe does not involve many dirty bowls at the end and also very yummy; I bake these a lot. 

I bought a new mixing bowl. Mason Cash. Yes you've heard it right. From now on I have a Mason Cash. I looooove those bowls. I first saw these bowls on the "Gordon Ramsay's Home Cooking" show. There are million options for these bowls. Any they are very cute. They come in classic patterns or they come in fruit patterns. I was in love with the green one with apples on sides. And then I learned that there was a discount. Wow, time out here. I had got to buy that. Anyways, just because I really wanted to use my brand new bowl, I used two different mixing bowls in this recipe. So don't be shocked if you see two bowls in the picture. I used a stainless steel bowl for melting the chocolate and I used my new bowl for mixing all the ingredients. Yes, I know I am guilty. 




I don't recommend you to use an electric mixer in this recipe because I think there is no create another dirty bowl to clean; however you can use if you want. Also I think whisking also is a great cure for stress and a great exercise to work those muscles out. :D


If you are tired, if you want some kind of a boost at the end of the week, if you are craving for some smooth chocolate flavor, or if you just want to bake something (enough with if's); this recipe is just the one for ya. Believe me, these will definitely improve your mood. 

There might be some leftovers. Just put them in a small box and take it with you in your bag. You will find some time to eat them during the day. 

You can also find a similar brownie recipe here. Here is the recipe that I've been talking too much about: 

Ingredients
150 g. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
110 g. of unsalted butter (cut into small cubes)
15 g. cocoa powder
1 cup (200 g.) granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cups (95 g.) all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups (125 g.) walnuts (chopped) or chocolate chips

Directions:
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Place a rack in the center of the oven. Cover all the sides of a square pan (20 cm) with butter. Put a parchment paper on the bottom of the pan. 

2)In a heat proof big mixing bowl put the chocolate chips. Put this mixing bowl over a big pot of boiling water. Melt the chocolate but don't forget the spatula in it. This may cause a kitchen disaster. The chocolate has to be like a silky liquid. It shouldn't contain lumps of chocolate. 




3) When there is a smooth liquid chocolate, remove the bowl from heat. Add in the cocoa powder and sugar. Stir well with a whisk. 





4) Next, whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one by one. Beat well after the each addition of the eggs. 




5) Finally beat in the flour and stir in the walnuts or the chocolate chips. Pour into a rectangular pan (preferably square) and bake it for about 25-30 minutes. To understand if your brownies are baked just stick a toothpick. If it comes out clean then it is baked; if it comes with some batter on then you need a little bit more time. Be patient, don't let the smell confuse you. Never rush the process, they will eventually be yours. But do not over bake as well. 



5) Take it out from the oven when baked and put it on a wire rack. Let them cool down a little. Slice and they are ready. As I've said, you might want to serve them with a scoop of ice cream on top when warm or just eat them while you are at work or something. Do anything you want. 





Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment